It’s Time for the Sidewalk Sale at
Children’s Book World!
Have no fear,
the Sidewalk Sale is here!
Sunday, August 9th — 9am to 1pm
We’re planning a safe experience for you by limiting the number of shoppers at one time and we’ll also space out the books to allow room to safely browse.
How it Works
- First come, first served
- Line will form on driveway side of store
- 10 people will shop at a time
- All books will be 50% off their marked price
- CASH OR CHECKS ONLY
- MASKS REQUIRED
Please wear a mask!
Masks are required for everyone over the age of 2.
We will provide hand sanitizer for all customers before entering the sale area.
Practice social distancing!
Please remember to stay a safe distance (at least 6 feet) from other customers. Let’s all be as safe as possible.
When & Where
Sunday, August 9th
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
In our employee parking area behind the store.
Personalized Window Shopping
Just for You!
Children’s Book World is trying something fun and unique: While we are still not welcoming shoppers inside our store, we are creating personalized window displays by appointment for our customers. We will fill our front window with books that are specially chosen, just for you. This display can be for an individual child, teen, adult — or your whole family.
Sound fun, exciting, interesting? Let’s get started!
- Call the store to arrange your personalized Window Shopping Experience. We will ask some questions and use the answers you provide to create a special window display just for you.
- Personalized Window Shopping Appointments are available in half hour increments on a first-come first-served basis, scheduled Tuesdays through Fridays from 11-4 and Saturdays from 11-3.
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time — your very own window display will be ready and waiting for you! We will also have a check out/information station at the front door to help you and to answer any questions.
- You and your shoppers can window shop our suggestions and make your selections. If you’d like to look at a book up close, we’ll provide hand sanitizer and pass the book to you outside so you can take a good look before you decide.
- Ready to check out? For all of our safety, the person who will be directly interacting with our store staff (talking to us and paying) MUST be wearing a mask — just as all our staff will be! We will take your payment in cash, credit card or gift card right at the door.
Be assured that while we create your window displays and fill curbside and shipping orders we closely follow the CDC guidelines to keep our store clean and the people in it safe and healthy.
Author Camp begins on August 3rd!
We’re so excited to tell you about our new venture: A partnership with Lynn Rosen of Open Book Productions to bring you a very special virtual summer camp – with authors!
Author Camp is an opportunity for your child to collect and read five new books and to meet the authors of each one in this week-long virtual camp.
Books are included with the price of the camp and can be picked up at CBW for curbside pick up. A shipping option is available as well.
Easy Ways to Purchase Books From
Children’s Book World!
In order to ensure the safest environment for our staff and customers we are not yet open for in-store shopping. We continue to offer curbside pick-up and shipping from our store as ways we can get books to you! We’re excited to be one step closer to the day we can open our doors and welcome you back inside. While our doors remain closed for in-store shopping, our staff will be busy safely filling your orders and finding you the best books.
So give us a call at 610.642.6274, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click below to get started!
We miss you and thank you for your support,
Your friends at Children’s Book World
Do you know the name of a book you want? Do you want us to surprise you with a hand-picked book bundle?
(Books delivered directly to your door from our partners at Bookshop.org)
A Note to the
Children’s Book World Community
We have been listening and learning about how as a store we can best stand with and support our Black friends, colleagues, and the Black community as a whole. Our first step is to amplify Black voices.
We read a wonderful article by one of our favorite authors, Nic Stone, and her words resonated with us:
“As we read all the race and racism books, we must also read books about Black people — especially Black children — just … living. … Because the more we see Black people living — loving and doing and being and feeling and going on adventures and solving mysteries and being the heroes — the more we come to recognize our shared humanity.”
With this in mind we have created collections of books written by Black authors and illustrated by Black Illustrators. You can see what’s in our store by visiting our Instagram page (link below). You can view our online collection by visiting our Bookshop.org store page (link below).
Those lists are just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many amazing books out there and we plan on sharing them in the coming days and weeks.
Because what you read matters.
Black Lives Matter.
Click here for Instagram
Click here for Bookshop.org
For the safety of our staff and our customers, we are following all CDC mandated safety precautions.