Now Open for In-store Shopping!
No Appointment Needed:
11:00 – 6:00 Monday through Friday
11:00 – 5:00 Saturdays
12:00 – 4:00 Sunday
To maintain social distancing, a limited number of shoppers will be allowed in the store at one time. Please remember to wear a mask!
If you’re more comfortable with a private appointment, we’ve saved time for you daily Monday through Saturday from 10:00 – 11:00. Give us a call to make an appointment!
Personalized Window Shopping
Just for You!
Children’s Book World is trying something fun and unique: We are creating personalized window displays by appointment for our customers. We will fill our front window with books that are specially chosen, just for you. This display can be for an individual child, teen, adult — or your whole family.
Sound fun, exciting, interesting? Let’s get started!
- Call the store to arrange your personalized Window Shopping Experience. We will ask some questions and use the answers you provide to create a special window display just for you.
- Personalized Window Shopping Appointments are available in half hour increments on a first-come first-served basis.
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time — your very own window display will be ready and waiting for you! We will also have a check out/information station at the front door to help you and to answer any questions.
- You and your shoppers can window shop our suggestions and make your selections. If you’d like to look at a book up close, we’ll provide hand sanitizer and pass the book to you outside so you can take a good look before you decide.
- Ready to check out? For all of our safety, the person who will be directly interacting with our store staff (talking to us and paying) MUST be wearing a mask — just as all our staff will be! We will take your payment in cash, credit card or gift card right at the door.
Be assured that while we create your window displays and fill curbside and shipping orders we closely follow the CDC guidelines to keep our store clean and the people in it safe and healthy.
Easy Ways to Purchase Books From
Children’s Book World!
Now that we are once again open for in-store shopping, you are free to visit us and browse at your leisure — but we continue to offer Personalized Window Shopping, curbside pick-up and shipping from our store as other ways we can get books to you!
So give us a call at 610.642.6274, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click below to get started!
Thanks for your support!
Your friends at Children’s Book World
Do you know the name of a book you want? Do you want us to surprise you with a hand-picked book bundle?
(Books delivered directly to your door from our partners at Bookshop.org)
A Note to the
Children’s Book World Community
We have been listening and learning about how as a store we can best stand with and support our Black friends, colleagues, and the Black community as a whole. Our first step is to amplify Black voices.
We read a wonderful article by one of our favorite authors, Nic Stone, and her words resonated with us:
“As we read all the race and racism books, we must also read books about Black people — especially Black children — just … living. … Because the more we see Black people living — loving and doing and being and feeling and going on adventures and solving mysteries and being the heroes — the more we come to recognize our shared humanity.”
With this in mind we have created collections of books written by Black authors and illustrated by Black Illustrators. You can see what’s in our store by visiting our Instagram page (link below). You can view our online collection by visiting our Bookshop.org store page (link below).
Those lists are just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many amazing books out there and we plan on sharing them in the coming days and weeks.
Because what you read matters.
Black Lives Matter.
Click here for Instagram
Click here for Bookshop.org
For the safety of our staff and our customers, we are following all CDC mandated safety precautions.
Books and Baking with
Jen Calonita and Special Guest
Monday, October 25th at 4pm
Children’s Book World has found the recipe for Halloween fun … with a British twist! Jen Calonita and Elizabeth Eulberg will teach us how to cook scary-delicious MONSTER SCONE BITES in honor of Elizabeth’s book The Great Shelby Holmes and the Haunted House. Jen will be cooking in New York, Elizabeth will be assisting her from London, England, (home of the original Sherlock Holmes) and we will be watching on our computers from home!